Friday, May 13, 2016

Focus on those eyes

The other day I was practicing with my camera and loved how these pictures of my baby turned out. I really loved how they look in black and white. He was wearing a black and white hoodie and black and white shoes so it really added some great contrast.


I was using an aperture of 1.8 and ISO 100 and shutter speed of 1/250. Having such a wide aperture gave me a very shallow depth of field. The high shutter speed helped me get a clear photo in spite of the fact that he was moving a lot.


Always make sure you focus on your subjects eyes as that is the spot that you look at first in a photo. When using a shallow depth of field focus on the eye closest to the camera. With such a shallow depth of field his one eye is slightly out of focus because his head was turned slightly to the side. You can see that I had my camera focused on his right eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment