Saturday, April 30, 2016

Terrific Tulips


You might have noticed that I have a new picture in my blog header now. My husband bought me some gorgeous tulips that I had to photograph. Below is the setup that I used for taking the photos.


I took some photos of them from up above in a vase and then wrapped them in brown tissue paper and took pictures of them laying on the bottom. I was having a hard time getting the tulips to cooperate. It really bothers me that one tulip is facing the side in the picture below. I wish I had just taken that tulip out of the vase for the picture!


That day I also took some photos for my moms decorating blog, www.nannaspretties.blogspot.com so that she could have a new picture in her header also.


I played around with different lightroom presets to give the pictures different looks.


For these photos I used the same lighting and reflector set up as I used with the tulips. I made sure to select my focusing point that was on one of the tulips that way the camera would focus on the tulips and the background would be a little out of focus - I really love shallow depth of field. I'll be doing some tutorials soon on how to get that shallow depth of field and how to focus on a certain point as well as what you should be focusing on.


One of these last two pictures in the one she chose for her blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment