Thursday, April 21, 2016

Indoor Easter Photo Shoot


I had a photo shoot with my children the weekend before Easter. We had to take pictures indoors since it was too cold outside. I have tons of natural light in my living room and neutral colored walls so it's the perfect place to take pictures. With so much natural light I don't need to use a flash (In case you didn't know you want to avoid using your on camera flash as much as possible).


I have a large window in my living room so I had my children face the window - that way their eyes would get awesome catchlights and they would have soft even lighting on their whole face. Just check out those beautiful blue eyes on that handsome boy!


I did some photo editing in Lightroom to soften their skin and brighten their eyes a little more. Plus I added a slight vignette to the photos.


 I used a pretty wide aperture for most of these pictures to let in as much light as possible. I had to close the aperture down a little though for the group photos.


Here's the props that I used for the photos:
Wood flooring (I bought a box at the Restore for $10)
Pendant banner from the Target dollar spot
White fur rug from Homegoods
Wire basket
Flower tieback that I made for my daughter for these pictures - I used dollar store flowers and ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment